To protect, enhance, and effectively represent the Montana Outfitting Industry in all its forms.
MOGA will foster a vibrant professional outfitting industry focused on client safety while providing diverse and ethical customer services. We will promote the conservation and sustainable, scientifically-based, management of Montana’s natural resources and the stewardship of our cultural heritage. We will be an active partner in Montana’s tourism economy and advocate for minimal but responsible industry regulation.
- Professional Excellence
MOGA, as the lead trade organization representing Montana’s outfitting industry, serves many core functions related to that role.
- Advocacy – be a relentless and highly effective voice of the industry at all levels and remain focused on the association Mission by effectively represent the membership before the Legislature and other important Boards and Commissions
- Communication – keep the membership informed on critical issues and actions affecting them and their businesses and alert members when their action is required and coordinate industry response to issues affecting them.
- Legislation – advocate for responsible yet minimal state and federal regulation of the industry
- Education – accurately and positively characterize the contributions of the industry to decision makers and the Montana public in the areas of public service, conservation and tourism. Conduct focused training opportunities that aid MOGA members in compliance and expose them to best practices
- Industry Sustainability – promote, encourage, and assist with succession from guide to outfitter status, seek stability for the industry in statute, regulation and market share
- Marketing – serve as a marketer and provider of tools to promote members and their businesses
- Ethics Advocacy – promote the highest standard with members and expect them to be up held